Amino Acids: My Secret to Avoiding Fatigue During Cutting

 When we are in a calorie deficit to lose fat, the biggest struggle is often the drop in energy and the occasional dizzy spells during intense training. Recently, I’ve been using amino acid supplements, and I want to share how they’ve helped me maintain my strength and focus while training with heavy weights.

My Experience: Energy and Focus

I was initially looking for a way to sustain my performance while cutting calories. During the period I supplemented with amino acids, the difference was clear:

 No More Dizziness: Even when pushing heavy weights, I didn’t experience the usual dizziness or lightheadedness that often comes with lower-calorie training.

 Sustained Power: I felt I could maintain my intensity throughout the entire workout, despite being in a caloric deficit.

What Does Science Say?

Amino acids (specifically Branched-Chain Amino Acids or BCAAs and Essential Amino Acids or EAAs) are the building blocks of protein. Recent research highlights several benefits:

 Reducing Muscle Breakdown: Amino acids can help protect muscle tissue during intense exercise, especially when your body is under the stress of a calorie deficit.

 Combating Central Fatigue: Studies suggest that certain amino acids can compete with tryptophan for entry into the brain, potentially delaying the onset of fatigue and mental tiredness during exercise.

 Improved Recovery: They aid in muscle protein synthesis, helping you recover faster between heavy lifting sessions.

Why They Helped Me During a Cut

When you drop your calories, your body is more prone to muscle breakdown and energy crashes. Amino acids provide a quick, non-caloric (or very low-calorie) source of fuel for the muscles, which explains why I could handle heavy lifting without the dizzy spells—my muscles had the essential support they needed to keep functioning at a high level.

My Advice for Your Routine

If you find yourself feeling "drained" or dizzy during your workouts:

1. Intra-workout is key: Sip your amino acids throughout your training session for maximum benefit.

2. Consistency: They work best when your body is consistently provided with these essential nutrients during the times it’s most vulnerable (like during a cut).

3. Don't skip real food: Remember that supplements are there to "supplement" a solid diet, not replace your main meals.

Have you ever felt dizzy or fatigued during your cutting phase? Have you tried amino acids to fix it? Let’s talk in the comments!



Disclaimer: The content of this article is based on my personal experience and research for informational purposes only. It is not intended as medical advice. Please consult with a healthcare professional or a doctor before starting any new supplement regimen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"How to Use AI to Learn Faster: 5 Proven Strategies for Self-Development"

"Beyond Weight Loss Injections: How I Used AI to Finally Unlock My Fitness Journey

From overwhelmed to A-List: my AI study secret for medical school